Skull crushers are a triceps isolation exercise that targets the long head of the triceps, that’s the largest and maximum visible triceps muscle. Skull crusher are finished with a barbell or dumbbells, and that they contain lying in your lower back and increasing your elbows to decrease the burden in your brow.
How to do skull crushers
- Lie to your returned on a bench along with your feet flat on the floor and your knees bent.
- Grab a barbell or dumbbells with an overhand grip, slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Hold the weight without delay above your chest, with your elbows fully prolonged.
- Slowly lower the burden for your forehead, preserving your elbows close to your aspects.
- Pause at the bottom of the movement, then press the weight returned as much as the beginning function.
- Repeat for 8-12 repetitions.
Tips for doing cranium crushers
- Keep your elbows close to your aspects in the course of the motion. This will help to save you shoulder harm.
- Don’t leap the weight at the lowest of the motion. Instead, manipulate the weight on the way down and up.
- Use a weight that is challenging however lets in you to maintain appropriate form.
- If you are new to cranium crushers, begin with a lighter weight and step by step growth the load as you get more potent.
Variations of skull crushers
There are some extraordinary versions of skull crushers that you can do to target distinctive areas of your triceps:
- Close-grip skull crusher: This version targets the lengthy head and lateral head of the triceps. To do close-grip skull crusher, use a narrower grip than you will for normal cranium crushers.
- Wide-grip cranium crusher: This variation objectives the lateral head of the triceps. To do extensive-grip skull crushers, use a wider grip than you’ll for ordinary cranium crushers.
- Overhead skull crushers: This variation objectives the lengthy head and lateral head of the triceps. To do overhead skull crushers, sit on a bench with your toes flat on the floor and your knees bent. Hold a barbell or dumbbells with an overhand grip, slightly wider than shoulder-width aside. Raise the load overhead, maintaining your elbows extended. Slowly decrease the weight at the back of your head, preserving your elbows near your sides. Pause at the lowest of the movement, then press the weight back up to the starting role.
Skull crushers in a triceps workout
Skull crushers are a splendid exercise to consist of on your triceps exercising. They’re particularly effective when blended with different triceps physical games, which include overhead triceps extensions and triceps pushdowns.
Here is a pattern triceps exercise that includes skull crushers:
- Warm-up: 5 minutes of light aerobic and dynamic stretches
- Skull crushers: three sets of 8-12 repetitions
- Overhead triceps extensions: three units of 10-15 repetitions
- Triceps pushdowns: 3 units of 12-15 repetitions
- Cool-down: 5 minutes of static stretches
Skull crushers are an isolation workout, so they’re exceptional carried out on the end of your triceps exercising. You can do 3 sets of 8-12 repetitions of cranium crushers, or 1-2 sets of 15-20 repetitions in case you’re the usage of a lighter weight.
Skull crushers are a tough workout, so it is crucial to apply proper form and technique to keep away from harm. Here are a few protection recommendations:
- Don’t use an excessive amount of weight. Start with a light weight and progressively increase the weight as you get stronger.
- Keep your elbows close to your facets in the course of the movement.
- Don’t jump the burden at the lowest of the motion.
- If you experience any ache, forestall the exercise straight away.
Skull crushers are a first rate workout for building insane triceps. Just make certain to observe the right shape and technique to keep away from injury. And don’t forget to consist of skull crushers for your tricep exercising at the side of different tricep exercises for the fine outcomes.